“First I drink the coffee, then I do the things.”
Sums me up pretty accurately.
It can’t be any kind of coffee though. I’m quite particular. It has to be strong, with a healthy helping of frothy milk in a nice mug or cup. Yes, slightly OCD perhaps but there we are. I am a mum of three, I don’t have lots of luxuries left in this world.
But I also really like to experiment with coffee beans. I like to mix in some hazelnut coffee with my normal coffee beans. In time for Halloween and thanksgiving it’s Pumpkin spice.
Not the syrup mind you – it has to be the actual bean. I find the syrup too sickly for my liking.
My absolute favourite is an Amaretto Flavoured coffee from the Little Coffee Box Co. Just like dunking a gorgeous biscotti in your coffee!
Recently I discovered S’mores Coffee and it’s amazing. It tastes just like you’d expect it to. I can imagine sitting by the campfire with a cup of coffee slowing devouring some scrummy S’mores at the same time.
Speaking of S’mores. I found a really easy peasy recipe online I’d like to share with you.
Most S’mores recipes call out for Graham crackers. Unfortunately we don’t have them in England and so I was thrilled when I discovered this recipe which uses McVities Milk Chocolate Biscuits.
This recipe is so simple. Honestly, It’ll only take a few minutes to prep, cook and eat.
⁃ Milk Chocolate Digestives
⁃ Skewers or thin sticks
• Place the biscuit on a plate, chocolate-side up. This will be the base of your S’more.
• Set the top biscuit close by.
• Prep your bamboo sticks by soaking them in water
• Thread your marshmallows on the bamboo skewer
• Toast your marshmallows over an open flame until they’re hot and soft in the middle. If they catch on fire, just blow them out and continue toasting until browned. They’ll be even nicer!!
• Slide the toasted marshmallows onto the biscuit (chocolate side) and sandwich the top cookie on top.
• Press down slightly until the marshmallow oozes out the sides a little… Heaven.